SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
How to Start a Blog: A Step-by-Step Guide
Tom Gray (About Tom)
How to order the recording:
Additional resources for this seminar:
Tom provided an extensive and detailed handout showing all the steps involved in setting up a blog, along with additional material not covered in the audio presentation. When you purchase the CD or MP3, we will email you a link for downloading the handout.
You’ve heard it over and over: You must have a blog. Yet figuring out how to do it never gets to the top of your to-do list. We know your pain. So we’re here to help! We set up a blog step by step. Tom walks Rebecca through the process and you can follow along. Additionally, he provides a handout for reference in case something isn’t clear.
You will learn:
- Why you must blog (you’ll be surprised at some of the reasons)
- How to set up your blog for little or no money
- Whether you should host your own blog or have someone else do it — advantages and disadvantages of both
- Setup specifics: choosing a name, selecting a design, using pictures and a whole lot more
- How to simplify subscription using Really Simple Syndication (RSS)
- How to write for blogs, including creating posts that are search-engine friendly
- How to get your tree noticed in a forest of 24 million blogs — the ins and outs of publicizing and promoting your blog
- Alternatives to blogging such as wikis, squidoo, vlogs and audio blogs ... Oh my!
- Blogging resources — where to turn when you don’t know where to turn
More about our guest expert:
Tom Gray has been using the Internet to promote his and his clients’ businesses since 1996. He works with top speakers such as Mark Sanborn, Eric Chester, and Laura Stack in helping them craft and deliver their marketing messages effectively using ezines, websites, blogs and other online media.
Blog: The Evolving Internet Marketer