SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
High-Profit Business Practices
That Put More Money in Your Pocket
Rogene Baxter, RN, MA, CMC
How to order the recording:
Having a successful speaking/training/consulting business takes careful focus on consistent practices that can make or break your profitability. You’ve heard about spending time ON the business, not just IN the business — but what fun is that when you'd rather be speaking? Talented presenters have gone broke because they didn’t know how to squeeze the most profit from each engagement. If you don’t know how to do this you might be one of them.
Rogene has had a highly successful practice for nearly three decades. Clients flock to her for six-figure engagements. She’s figured out the small business practices that pay off big and keep her and a bevy of subcontractors thriving.
You will learn:
- why to start with a business mind-set
- how to develop formulas to more accurately determine fees in proposals so you are not underpricing your services
- what key components to include in a contract to ensure your IP is protected
- how to make sure you are paid on time and ramifications if you are not
- how to you make sure you’re paid regularly for more than one-time engagements
- ways to assure you are making what you think you are
- what you should know about using subcontractors to extend your impact and business
More about our guest expert:
Rogene is founder of The Bridgewater Group, a management consulting firm that specializes in leadership, management and team development, and customer service. Her work has brought increased organizational capacity and talent retention to companies across North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Rogene has been awarded the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation from the Institute of Management Consultants, and currently serves as president of IMC’s Northern California chapter. A Registered Nurse, she holds a BA in Behavioral Science and an MA in Career Development.