SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know
About Getting a Business Book Published
But Were Afraid to Ask
Matt Holt, Publisher, Wiley
How to order the recording:
Matt Holt is one of the top five players in the business publishing world. He knows what sells. He knows what authors need to do to partner with publishers. He knows what annoys him. He shares the straight scoop that will save you lots of time and money from pitching the wrong book to the wrong people.
Many would-be authors think that once their book is in print, the publisher will push it to bestsellerhood. You are smart enough to know that isn’t true. Matt discusses what you will be expected to do to market your book.
If you’ve considered proposing a business book to a major publisher, this is a must-hear session. Matt covers what gets his attention and what gets tossed.
You will learn how to:
- Capture a top publisher’s attention
- Avoid common mistakes would-be authors make
- Submit a pithy proposal including key elements
- Help your book sell big
- Know when you will be expected to pay for editing, illustrations and promotion
- Market your book pre-publication