SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
Speaking on Cruise Ships
Michael Soon Lee, CSP
How to order the recording:
Additional resources for this seminar:
When you purchase the recording, you will be emailed a link where you can download a handout prepared by Michael, with additional resource information.
You’ve heard of speakers traveling the world to exciting destinations, eating gourmet food and meeting high-end contacts — for free — by speaking on cruise ships. “Sign me up!” you say.
It’s not as easy as contacting cruise lines offering your wealth of wisdom in exchange for a penthouse cabin for a month. There are ways to make it work as well as ways to get banned. You must abide by onboard protocols or you’ll never be invited again.
Learn the ins and outs, the do’s and don’ts to take an occasional cruise while presenting on an undulating stage!
You will learn about:
- developing programs that are popular with cruise passengers
- getting booked by speakers bureaus which specialize on cruises
- getting paid to speak while cruising for free
- becoming a popular speaker with the cruise crowd
- selling products while speaking on cruises
- cruise itineraries you’ll probably want to avoid
- best places and times of the year to cruise
- common mistakes that unsuccessful cruise speakers often make
More about our guest expert:
Michael Soon Lee, CSP, has spoken on cruise ships around the world for over 20 years. He spent Christmas 2010 on a cruise with his wife in Southeast Asia where everything was paid for including both of their airfares. He has also organized continuing education classes on cruise ships where he got a free cabin for two and got paid to speak. Michael has spoken on cruise ships in Europe, Southeast Asia, the Caribbean, across the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal and elsewhere.