SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
How to Secure Bureau Attraction
Betty Garrett, CMP
How to register and order the recording:
You’ve always wanted to know how to get bureaus interested in representing you. You can’t get through the seemingly impenetrable wall. Heck, you can’t even get past a bureau’s receptionist to talk to the owner. You’re tired of hitting your head against the wall and want some inside intel.
- Do you want to save time and money and cut your learning curve in having more success in your speaking career?
- Do you want to learn the secrets of getting bureau attention which leads to more bookings at higher fees?
- Do you want to work smarter, and have more bookings and a steady stream of income?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then you’ll want to hear the wisdom of Betty’s 20+ years’ experience as a bureau owner.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- attract bureaus’ attention to get your foot in the door
- work effectively with bureau owners and representatives
- court bureaus so they are more likely to work with you
- avoid common turnoffs that will guarantee your emails and calls won’t get returned
More about our guest expert:
Betty Garrett is a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) with over 32 years experience in the travel, hospitality and training industries. She is a business owner, consultant, author and speaker. Betty was named 2002 Meeting Partner of the Year by National Speakers Association; received MPI D/FW 2006 Colleen Rickenbacher Leadership Award and awarded Meeting Professionals International’s coveted 2006 Marion Kershner Leadership Award in July, 2006.
Prior to starting Garrett Speakers International, a full-service speaker bureau specializing in interactive keynote presentations, workshop seminars AND corporate training, her experiences included significant responsibilities with Meeting Professionals International, Young President’s Organization and Business Travel Management, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Mary Kay Cosmetics.
She is President/CEO of Garrett Speakers International, a boutique bureau, where she is responsible for the strategic operations of the bureau, helping organizations grow their businesses with the RIGHT speaker and assisting meeting planners seeking the RIGHT speaker for their next event. Betty has added to her business model a coaching opportunity for speakers having 3–5 years’ experience as a professional speaker who is interested in obtaining more bookings and higher fees and getting bureau attraction.