SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
How to Run a Membership Program
that People Actually Want to Join and Renew
How to order the recording:
Additional resources for this seminar:
- Handout — (PDF)
As a speaker, consultant, trainer or author, you’ve heard that a membership program is a great way to showcase your expertise, build your tribe, and create recurring revenue in your business. In fact, the financial leverage you can achieve may seem exponential.
Yet perhaps you hesitate to build a membership program because you aren’t sure you’d actually be successful. You want to know what to include and what to avoid to make success more likely. You don’t want to do all the needed work and have only one or two members subscribe. You want members who will not only join, but will be engaged and happily renew.
You will learn:
- why membership sites *can* be a bottomless pit for time and money
- the #1 question you *should not* be asking as you plan your membership program, and what you *should* ask instead
- 8 stages of a member’s lifespan — and why those stages matter
- how to determine where to draw the line between free content and paid membership content
- triggers that shift people from *thinking* about joining to actually *doing* it
More about our guest expert:
Since 2005, Joy Duling has been helping membership programs launch and thrive. Her gift for understanding both people and process gives her a unique perspective on what it takes to be successful in running membership programs. Even better, Joy doesn’t just talk the talk. She launched a member-based program herself, growing it from just a concept around a conference room table to a fully functional 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with $1.3 million in annual revenues, all from membership contributions.