SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
The Strategic Speaker:
Don’t Try Everything. Do the Right Things.
Joe Calloway, CSP, CPAE
and Larry Winget, CPAE
How to order the recording:
Stop chasing silver bullets. There’s no shortcut to creating revenue and building your business, especially in an uncertain economy. There are dozens of ways for speakers to go to the marketplace today, but before you start trying “everything,” slow down and think through your strategy. A tactic that’s perfect for one speaker might be the wrong move for you. Do what will work for you, based on your value proposition and your target market. Leverage your strengths and don’t waste time with ideas that simply don’t fit your business model.
In this teleseminar we discussed:
- You don’t have to do *everything*.You have to do the *right* things.
- How to clarify your value proposition and define your market.
- Trends in today’s market that all speakers have to respond to.
- Social media? Webinars? Ebooks? Public seminars? How to sort through the maze of choices
- and focus on what will work for you.
- How to position and differentiate yourself to buyers.
- The one thing that does the most to drive business and create sustainable revenue.
More about our guest experts:
Larry Winget and Joe Calloway have taken completely different paths to success in the speaking business. Larry is a motivational speaker who then became a national celebrity through a unique positioning as a one-of-a kind speaker, best-selling books, and regular television appearances. Joe is a business speaker who is known only to his clients. Both have had to adjust and change their strategies through recessions, dot-com bubble bursts, the 9/11 tragedy and its impact on the meetings and events industry, and today’s formidable economic challenges (and opportunities!).
The one thing they agree on is excellence. No matter what your positioning or business model, the one sure way to succeed is to differentiate with value. Hype has a shelf life of about a nanosecond. Excellence ultimately wins every time. In the marketplace of today excellence, quality, and value rule.
Larry and Joe have over 50 combined years of sustained success in the speaking business.
Larry Winget is a five-time New York Times/Wall Street Journal bestselling author. He is a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame. He has starred in his own television series and appeared in national television commercials. Larry is a regular contributor on many news shows on the topics of money, personal success and business.
Some of Larry’s appearances are:
- Starred in A&E’s Big Spender
- Featured in two episodes of CNBC’s The Millionaire Inside
- Star of his own PBS special
- A frequent business contributor on MSNBC
- A regular on FOX News and FOX Business
- Has also appeared on The Today Show, Larry King, and The Big idea with Donny Deutsch
- Featured in 3 National Hyundai Commercials
Joe Calloway is a performance expert who helps companies build cultures that drive results. His client list is a virtual Who’s Who in business ranging from companies like Coca Cola and Saks Fifth Avenue to IBM and American Express.
He is the author of four ground-breaking business books including the best-selling Becoming A Category of One, which received rave reviews from The New York Times, Retailing Today, Publishers Weekly and many others.
Joe is a guest lecturer with the Scarlett Leadership Institute and has served on the faculty of the Center for Professional Development at Belmont University.
Joe doesn’t do traditional “speeches.” Instead, Joe actively engages people in highly interactive keynotes and workshops that challenge assumptions and create new ways of thinking.