SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
Attracting and Retaining Corporate Sponsorship
Nancy Michaels (About Nancy)
How to order the recording:
Learn the steps needed to develop innovative and mutually beneficial sponsorship relationships. Nancy Michaels divulges the simple 10-step process that she used to gain over $200,000 in sponsorships in one year.
- Generate a fabulous idea sponsors will embrace
- Identify and ensure that the corporate vision and goals are in alignment with what your idea accomplishes
- Introduce this idea to the highest-level person within the corporation
- Present an outstanding proposal/offer
- Under-promise and over-deliver
- Always be willing to increase your value by offering sound advice -- even when it's not to your advantage
- Be prepared to pounce when you hit the mark
- Treat the sponsor as a valued client
Additional resources for this seminar:
About our guest expert:
Nancy Michaels ...
- Is the author of five books on marketing for small businesses, including Perfecting Your Pitch (Career Press 2005), Off The Wall Marketing Ideas (Adams Media 2000), How To Be A Big Fish In Any Pond, Media Madness, and A to Z to Visibility.
- Is the Small Business Editor at US News & World Report, and the Small Business Marketing Expert for Entrepreneur Magazine, and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Small Business (FSB), Success Magazine, The New York Post, Franchising Magazine, among numerous other publications
- Has spoken in 42 states to more than 30,000 entrepreneurs on behalf of such clients as Office Depot, Merrill Lynch, Fleet Bank, Indoor Tanning Salon Association, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, among many others
- Is the first recipient to win the Tom Peters WOW! Project Personified Award (2002) that hails individuals who take on WOW! projects. The WOW! Project was a cover story for Fast Company magazine
- Acts as Lead Consultant of Office Depot.com's Web Cafe Series of online seminars geared toward small business owners
- And her speaker team, have conducted more than 600 seminars in three years on behalf of a national retailer where sales increased 200 to 300 percent on the days of these events
- Was a nationally syndicated newspaper small business columnist for Scripps-Howard News Service (1999-2000)
- Also was the publicist for Matt Lauer (currently co-host of the Today show)
- Is president of her marketing company, Impression Impact, which she launched in 1990.
- Is Founder and President of the Grow Your Business Network.