SpeakerNet News Teleseminars
Establishing and Leveraging
Your Thought Leadership
to Create a Steady Flow of Engagements
Ken Lizotte, CMC
How to register and order the recording:
It’s no secret that thought leadership separates you from everyone else. But it’s not necessarily easy to 1) establish yourself as a thought leader and 2) cultivate a following that results in business. However, these things CAN be done, it just takes focusing on activities that will pay off and get you where you want to go.
What’s the most effective way to leverage your thought leadership to acquire more top-flight speaking engagements? Should you prioritize social media, podcasting, blogging, videos, articles, an e-zine? Since you can’t do it all, which actions will spawn the most results? And what can you do during a talk to generate spinoffs?
As you attain momentum, how can you sort through speaking opportunities so you don’t waste your time on those that are unlikely to pay?
In this program you will learn:
- The #1 factor for employing social media to greatest business advantage
- The power of “fresh thinking” — how reflection and new data can raise you above and beyond the competitive pack
- How to win an audience’s attention (and new business) even when you’re not the featured speaker
- How to set up an “e-blast” system that attracts new contacts and keeps word-of-mouth flowing
- What e-blast formats will grab your subscribers’ attention by emphasizing your value proposition and converting your e-blasts into speaking gigs
- How to keep your e-blasts fresh and non-invasive so they minimize your “unsubscribes”
- The smart “duh” strategy of employing your natural network
- How hiring a “speaker manager” can produce great results
At the end of this session, you will have learned action steps you can take immediately within a long-term “thought-leading” strategy that will keep you achieving your speaking goals. Your newfound status as a thought leader will elevate you to the next level.
More about our guest expert:
Ken Lizotte, CMC is Chief Imaginative Officer of emerson consulting group, inc., a firm that transforms businesses, experts, and professional services firms into thought leaders. A Certified Management Consultant, Ken speaks regularly to such professional associations as the CEO Club of Boston, Harvard University’s Extension School, the Concord Festival of Authors, the Institute of Management Consultants, and the National Speakers Association. Author of eight books including The Speaker’s Edge, he has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Fortune Magazine, CBS-TV News, National Public Radio and Investor’s Business Daily, to name a few. Also pro bono President of Thoreau Farm, the birthplace of Henry David Thoreau, he resides with his family in Concord, Massachusetts.